Monday, July 16, 2012

Tiffany Blue Desk

Last night I tried to figure out how to personalize my blog.  Where's DIL Lucy when I need her?  Today I finished a desk.  I don't have a before picture but you can imagine what it looked like - light colored paint with gold trim.  You've seen this desk a million times.  If you were lucky you had one when you were younger.  I bought it from a lady who had it when she was growing up.  I didn't have the heart to tell her I would be painting over it. I'll let her believe that her "beautiful" bedroom set is living out it's days untouched in my bedroom.


Anyway,  I used ASCP Provence and Old White with clear wax.  Somewhere in blogland, I read about Buff and Rub.  I used silver on the trim (it's hard to see in the photos)  and the hardware.  It was fun and easy and it comes in several colors.






No comments:

Post a Comment