Saturday, August 18, 2012

Aubusson Blue and Arles Hutch

It's been a great summer but a little too hot to paint.  It finally cooled down to the low eighties last week so I took advantage of it and painted a few things that were in the line-up.

I found this darling little china hutch at Goodwill.  They knew what they had and charged a pretty penny for it but it's hard to find a hutch that isn't the size of the Titanic.

Here's the before picture that I remembered to take after I started painting. I used Annie's Aubusson Blue for the base.  Then, I dry brushed with Old White and Clear and Dark Waxed it.  On the inside, I mixed Arles with a little Old White.  I wish I had a place for her in my house.  Alas, it might be another piece for Sean and Lucy.  At least I can enjoy it at their house.  




No comments:

Post a Comment